ARE YOU READY TO ASCEND WITH US?
The Asian American Student Assembly, or AASA, is the largest welcome assembly during the Weeks of Welcome here at the University of Florida. AASA consists of a mix of performances and speeches from numerous organizations deeply involved with the Asian American community on the UF campus. Here, students can learn about the numerous Asian cultures and the many leadership opportunities this community has to offer.
For the past 24 years, the Asian American Student Union (AASU) has been at the forefront of political and social advocacy at the University of Florida. Working tirelessly, AASU has ascended from its humble beginnings by bringing major change, such as hiring UF’s first APIA director, contributing to the development of an Asian American Studies minor, advocating for the APIA space, and promoting diversity and multicultural awareness at UF. Thus, we are proud to announce AASA’s theme for 2017: ASCEND. As a cultural community contributing to a greater Asian American identity, we have risen and surpassed expectations, and we hope you can rise to your potential, amplify your involvement, boost new friendships, and climb over any obstacles in your path. So, join us for a night of soaring performances at the Performing Arts Center on August 25th at 6:00pm and we can#ASCEND
Featuring pinnacle performances by:
- Asian American Student Union (AASU)
- Asian Kaleidoscope Month (AKM)
- Freshman Leadership Program (FLP)
- Chinese American Student Association (CASA)
- Health Educated Asian Leaders (HEAL)
- Filipino Student Association (FSA)
- Korean Undergraduate Student Association (KUSA)
- Vietnamese Student Organization (VSO)
- alpha Kappa Delta Phi International Sorority, Inc. (aKDPhi)
- Kappa Phi Lambda Sorority, Inc. (KPL)
- Pi Delta Psi Fraternity, Inc. (PDPsi)
- Indian Student Association (ISA)
And special presentations by:
- Office of Asian Pacific Islander American Affairs (APIA)
- Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE)
- Sparks Magazine
Guest Performer: Kevin Wu
Date: August 25, 2017
Doors open: 6:00PM
Show starts: 7:00PM
Location: Curtis M. Phillips Center for Performing Arts
This event is FREE and open to the public! NO TICKETS REQUIRED. Just show up to the Performing Arts Center and you're good to go!
Missing a ride to the show? Don't worry, simply ride buses 20, 118, 126, 117, 125, 119 to the Cultural Plaza! If you're driving, parking is lifted!
Cosponsored by UF Student Government, Volunteer for International Student Affairs, and Pike
Don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for more updates, announcements, and contests!
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/ufaasa [AASA at UF]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/aasauf [AASAUF]
Instagram: http://instagram.com/ufaasa [UFAASA]